2. What did you do before you joined Signature Car Hire?
I was a courier driver for Parcelforce and before that I ran village pubs.
3. What do you do?
I look after the fleet here, making sure they are all up to Signature standard and ready for hire, plus I look after the valets and drivers.
4. What does your typical day look like?
Sunny at the moment. I start by checking the daily bookings and make sure drivers are allocated and cars are ready to go. I do deliveries and collections too which is nice to meet the clients in person.
5. What made you want to work in the car industry?
I’ve loved cars and anything motorised for as long as I can remember, I just love being around cars so my dream was always to be able to earn my living dealing with cars in some way.
6. What is your earliest automotive memory?
Being driven very fast (probably over the speed limit) by my uncle in his Saab 900 turbo,I remember the feeling of speed being fantastic, if not a little scary.
7. What part of your job do you enjoy most?
Taking the cars out to clients and seeing their faces beam as you pull up and handover their dream.
8. Why is it so important to ensure all cars are always in pristine condition for clients?
Because clients are hiring their dream so we have to make sure that is fulfilled and give them the experience of a lifetime, and hopefully have them come back and do it again.
9. How do you ensure all cars meet the highest quality standards?
By checking the cars personally when they have been through the valet bays and ensure the Signature standard is met every time.
10. Signature has top of the range models. Why is it so important?
To make sure that clients receive the best in the world every time, everything is top of the range at Signature from the bottles of water to the cars they are put in.
12. What motivates you?
My passion for cars…don’t tell Dee but I’d work round these cars for nothing.
13. It’s your birthday. Which car from Signature fleet you would drive and who would be sitting next to you?
That’s a hard one…If I was being driven it would be our Rolls Royce Ghost, otherwise if I can choose a car to drive it would be our Aston Martin Virage Volante and Kiera Knightley would be sat with me.
14. What do you do in your spare?
I play cricket in the summer and spend a lot of time in my local pubs (not always drinking though). I’m a very sociable person and don’t like being on my own.
15. What 3 things would you want if deserted on an island?
Diet Coke, Insulin (I’m diabetic) and Kiera Knightley.