Mercedes-Benz has just released the news that their popular executive saloon S-Class model has been announced as the ‘best luxury car’ at the inaugural CCT100 awards which was launched by Company Car Today magazine. This brand new award was handed over at an exclusive event in central London this month.
The Mercedes S-Class excelled in this category thanks to its famous interior comfort and quality, performance, desirability, low emissions, low running costs and price. The S Class has always been a firm favourite at Signature for chauffeuring and corporate travel and so we heartily agree with the results.
Editor of Company Car Today, Paul Barker, commented: “The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is the outstanding luxury car in the sector, combining quality, refinement and technology to excellent effect. Plus it offers comparatively low emissions and a range of powertrain options to suit every need.”
Rob East, Head of Fleet, Mercedes-Benz Cars UK, said: “The S-Class is the pinnacle of Mercedes-Benz. It sets the benchmark for both luxury and interior comfort, without compromising on cost. With a new range of petrol and diesel engines on offer, the S-Class is now even more competitive.”
The latest Mercedes S 500 boasts a host of impressive features, including:
- – Innovative 3.0-litre straight six petrol engine with a 48 volt Integrated Starter Generator
- – Reduced emissions and boosting refinement
- – It produces 435 hp – with an additional 22 hp from the electric motor
- – It can achieve up to 40.9 mpg while emitting 157 g/km of CO2
- – The latest S 350 d features a powerful yet smooth 3.0-litre straight six diesel turbo diesel engine