Utilizing the latest in lightweight armouring technology, this luxury vehicle brings you a level of security previously only within reach of the super rich or politically elite. This vehicle is available on a car hire basis with a chauffeur or by using our specialist close protection officer service. Signature Car Hire has years of experience in supplying clients with a security service to accompany their fleet of prestigious cars and can now extend their offering with the addition of armoured cars like this one which give protection to the perceived threat level, maintain the vehicles original appearance and perform as a normal passenger vehicle. Signature Car Hire specialises in supplying bullet resistant passenger vehicles for government officials, business executives, courier of high value merchandise or for any other individual who perceives a threat to their safety.
The lightweight armour fitted to this vehicle has little effect on the performance and handling of the vehicle, so the capabilities of the car will be unaffected for any hire purpose. The vehicle looks the same as the original, with only the discerning few aware of its full potential offering you added peace of mind about your security from start to finish. The lightweight transparent armour (ballistic glass) fitted to the vehicle is optically inconspicuous from the original OEM glass.
Base Armouring Specification:
- Glass areas: Bullet-resistant glass will be curved and contoured to retain the appearance of the original glass and body of vehicle. Windshield and side glass will be removed and replaced with bullet-resistant transparent armour multi-layer glass with polycarbonate inner layers to prevent spalling upon ballistic impact. The glass will be tinted to match OEM tint unless otherwise specified.
- Body: All Doors, pillar posts, side panels, wheel wells, kick-panels, firewall, and headers (laterals) will be armoured with Armormax ballistic composite material equivalent material or ballistic steel in accordance with defined standard of defeat.
- Weld Free Process: The traditional welded steel process creates weak zones thereby significantly decreasing ballistic protection. IAC’s latest Weld Free Process maintains ballistic integrity of armour.
- Overlaps: IAC-designed Elitus overlap system used throughout. Overlap covers to match OEM colour of interior, finished with a French stitch.
- Roof: Armoured with Armormax ballistic composite material in accordance with B6 standards level of protection at a 30 degree angle.
- Floor: Floor areas will be armoured with multi-ply rigid ballistic fragmentation material combined with Armormax PAC100 molded to form fit contours of floor boards and panels. Protection against two German DM-51 or US M-67.
- Vehicle Structured Modifications: Custom reinforcement of pillar posts and heavy-duty hinges
- Battery: Battery compartment will be armoured.
- Door Supports: Overextension straps will be installed on all 4 doors to protect the hinges and support the weight of the armour. Five-point IAC inner-door support system.
- Fuel tank: Wrapped with Ballistic fragmentation blankets for explosion suppression.
- Electronic control Module: (ECM) protection.
- Exhaust System: Wire mesh tailpipe protection.
- Fuel System: Locking Fuel cap if available.
- Run Flat Bands (set of 5).
- Level V / NIJ III / EURO B6+: HIGH-POWERED RIFLE
- (357) Magnum (full metal jacket, coned bullet, or soft core), 10.2 g, 425 m/s /1450 fps.
- (9mm) Luger (full metal jacket, round nose or soft core), 8 g., 400 ms / 1250 fps.
- (44 Magnum) (Full metal jacket, flat nose, or soft core), 15.6 g, 440 m/s / 1510 fps.
- (AK-47) 7.62 X 39mm, 145 gr., 700mps / 2,430 fps
- (AK-47) 7.62 X 39mm, 123 gr., 750 mps / 2,697 fps
- (223) Caliber, 45 gr., 919 mps / 3,200 fps
- (308) 7.62 x 51mm (full metal jacket - copper, pointed bullet), 9.8 g, 820 m/s.
- (308) 7.62 x 51mm M80 (full metal jacket - steel, pointed bullet, or soft core), 9.5 g, 2,700 fps
- 830 m/s.
Referred to as Lightweight Transparent Armor or LTA. LTA glass provides a superior level of protection against the toughest security concerns, from random acts of street violence to Head of State protection.
- Designed to look like conventional automotive glass.
- Lighter and thinner than all-glass laminates or air-gap designs.
- Unaffected by temperature fluctuations.
- Offers dependable protection against a variety of lethal weapons
Armormax is the ultimate in opaque ballistic armor developed to be the lightest opaque armor in the industry, Armormax reduces the added opaque weight on a vehicle by 60%.
Daily rate: Price per day/Minimum 2 day Hire unless agreed with Signature Car Hire
Weekend rate: Weekend is Friday through to Monday