Following a highly successful debut to the world’s media earlier this year, Rolls-Royce has finally released to the UK motor market the first Cullinans for patrons of this luxury British marque to experience.
In total, just 8 Rolls Royce Cullinans left their home in Goodwood, West Sussex, in convoy at 1pm on Friday bound for the 8 different showrooms that embody the marque across throughout the UK. Following final sign off from Julian Jenkins, Regional Director, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, the Cullinans were driven by representatives of the showroom to their new homes in Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Essex, London and Sunningdale, where they will continue to excite this metamorphic motor car’s existence as truly Effortless Everywhere.
“Response to our new Rolls-Royce Cullinan from the world’s leading opinion formers and global media has been unequivocally positive and I am delighted that, from today, prospective clients will have the opportunity to experience this remarkable motor car via their local Rolls Royce showroom.” Rolls Royce.
Rolls Royce believes that the super-luxury lifestyle is growing and they lead the race to be the best. Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive Officer, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars said “Luxury is about embracing and experiencing the wider world. Our customers expect to go everywhere in luxury, effortlessly and without compromise, conquering the most challenging terrain to enjoy life’s most enriching experiences, wherever they may be. For this reason, they have asked us to create a Rolls-Royce that offers uncompromised luxury wherever they dare to venture. Cullinan is that car. It is Effortless, Everywhere.
It is incomparable and dramatically evolves the parameters of super-luxury travel, translating Rolls-Royce’s ethos of ‘Effortlessness’ into physical capability, anywhere in the world. Cullinan will simply take the world in its stride.”
Peter Schwarzenbauer, Chairman of Rolls-Royce and Member of the Board of the BMW Group also commented, “The launch of a new Rolls-Royce model is always a seminal moment in the luxury industry. Today we are setting a new standard by creating a new class of motoring and motor car for customers who are well-connected, highly mobile and have a global perspective. They want a new type of motor car that gives them unbounded access in ultimate luxury. Their sense of adventure and daring demands a “go-anywhere in ultimate luxury” motor car that will both take them to and meet them at the pinnacle of life. Cullinan is that motor-car.”
Giles Taylor, Director of Design, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars adds to this by saying, From the very beginning the design team treated this brand new Rolls-Royce as a unique, high bodied car. With global customer expectations in mind, our aim was two-fold – realise a presence to match the magnificent capability of Cullinan, whilst setting sector defining standards for luxury and elegance. We know that many of our luxury patrons pursue sports or leisure hobbies that require precisely this type of go anywhere vehicle – Cullinan’s design gesture had to possess an immediate sense of effortless accomplishment.”
“The label SUV is now applied to anything with a two-box silhouette and the least suggestion of going off tarmac. We envisioned an authentic, three-box high-bodied all-terrain car with a convention-challenging design and absolute capability that would satisfy the adventurous urges of our clients.”
Cory Richards, National Geographic photographer and star of The Final Challenge concludes with his comment, “This landscape is savage, but this journey has been seamless. What’s unique is the ability to absorb the road without thought and simply let yourself get lost. You don’t so much drive as you float and it seems to get almost smoother the faster you go. The turning and the grip are unreal, almost hugging the road and seeming to glide above it. Sometimes making pictures is as much about getting there as it is about the image itself.”
Cullinan at a glance
- – The most anticipated Rolls Royce of 2018 and Rolls-Royce of all time.
- – Named after the largest diamond ever discovered which now resides in the British Crown Jewels.
- – An all-terrain high-bodied car that makes the idea of authentic, luxury off-road travel a reality. Luxury travel is now Effortless, Everywhere.
- – Combining contemporary with functional design ensures the Rolls Royce Cullinan obtains iconic status in the face of SUV competition.
- – The first “three-box” car in the SUV-sector. Cullinan’s rear partition wall creates a distinct environment for passengers, separated from the luggage compartment.
- – A practical Rolls Royces, the Cullinan is a versatile, family oriented, fun-to-drive super-luxury SUV.
- – The second new Rolls-Royce to sit on the all-new aluminium ‘Architecture of Luxury’, Cullinan is the most technologically advanced..
- – Tested to destruction the Cullinan is an incredibly capable off-road vehicle that sees the development of the ‘Magic Carpet Ride’ for off-road enjoyment, without sacrificing any Rolls-Royce on-road behaviour.
- – Cullinan offers a suite of Bespoke features developed specifically for the many various lifestyles of its owners including the Viewing Suite and the Recreation Module.
- – The 6.75 litre twin-turbo V12 Rolls-Royce engine delivers 563bhp/420kW and 850Nm/627lb ft of torque to the all-new all-wheel drive, all-wheel steer system needed to overcome any challenge.